School Action Team
At The Willows, our children are provided with the opportunity to make and lead on decisions which support our school ethos and curriculum. Our school Action Team are a group of children who work on projects that are important to them and represent the views of all of our children.
These are the requirements needed to be a successful and active member of the School Action Team
- Good communication skills
- Be helpful
- Good team working
- Be focused
- Be excellent visionaries
- Make sure that participation is a positive thing and not a negative one
- Plan and making decisions
- Work to help change things for the better
- Listen to ideas, views and experiences
- Have a say and an opinion and respecting the views of others
- Make sure that the children have lots of information about what is going on in school
School Action Team Elections
Miss Neild went to the Town Hall and collected the election equipment so that we could hold an authentic election process. The children had great fun choosing their candidates. Our elections were democratic and everyone had the chance to vote for our Action Team.
Our children attended the Pupil Parliament to discuss what they wanted as their Global Goals!
Rights Respecting Gold Award
We recently achieved our 'Rights Respecting' Gold Award. Our School Action Team played a big part in representing our school and sharing our school ethos with the assessors.