At the Willows we aim to develop the skills that will enable our children to become active citizens in later life. We provide lots of opportunities for pupils to take on responsibility and to show leadership.
Sadly at the moment because of Covid restrictions we have had to curtail some of these activities, but are looking forward to resuming them as soon as it is safe to do so.
Leadership activities include:
- The School Action Team where a girl and boy from each class in Key Stage 2 are elected to promote children’s rights within school and in the wider community
- Reading Buddies where KS2 children are paired with KS1 children to support reading
- Play pod monitors where KS 2 children help to develop play skills and manage the play equipment in KS1
- The Eco Team from Year 1-6 to promote all things sustainable in school and beyond
- Man Utd and Freddie Fit Leaders to develop teamwork, organisation, responsibility, sportsmanship and leadership
- Takeover Day where for one day a year the children are in charge of all aspects of school life, from being Head Teacher, planning lessons, teaching, answering the phones and locking up the school building at the end of the day