Full School Re-opening Letter March 21
Full Reopening Information
Dear Parents and Carers
I am writing to share with you our plans for welcoming back your children to The Willows on Monday 8th March.
The government has provided schools with guidance about the reopening. This is very similar to the advice given to schools for the autumn term. We are therefore making very few changes to the plans we had in place before Christmas.
Drop off and pick up times
In order to ensure social distancing can take place on the school grounds, drop off and pick up times will be staggered.
Children with surnames starting with A – J should attend school 9:00 – 3:00
Children with surnames starting with K – Z should attend school 9:30 – 3:30
If a change to your child’s start and finish time was agreed for the autumn term, this can continue from Monday 8th March. If you are unsure or would like clarification, please contact your child’s class teacher via Seesaw.
The children in Years 1 to 6 will operate in school in class bubbles.
We are unable to operate in class bubbles in Nursery or Reception due to our open plan classrooms and shared learning environments. We will continue to ensure that strict hygiene routines are in place and close contact between children is discouraged.
In order for playtimes and lunchtimes to operate effectively, the children will play outside in year group bubbles. The children will play in a large open space, and any direct contact between them will be discouraged.
Items from home
Children will be able to bring into school limited items from home. These include:
- A water bottle – This should be labelled with your child’s name and must only contain water. Water bottles must be taken home each day and washed thoroughly.
- Book bags
- A packed lunch if your child does not have a school meal.
- If your child is in Year 6 and brings a phone to school for safety reasons due to walking home alone, it must be handed in to the class teacher on entry to the classroom.
Please do not allow your child to bring any other items into school e.g. toys/pencil cases
Uniform and footwear
All children must wear full school uniform as normal.
The children will be taking part in regular active sessions both inside the classroom and outside. Please ensure your child wears sturdy footwear to school which is suitable for physical activity. They do not currently need a PE kit in school – This will be reviewed for the summer term.
We are currently unable to offer a breakfast club. Due to the number of children who attend, we would not be able to isolate children into class or year group bubbles. This will be reviewed regularly as we understand the value of this provision. We will reinstate Breakfast Club as soon as it is safe to do so.
As there is no Breakfast Club and lunchtimes will be staggered, please ensure your child has a substantial, healthy breakfast before coming to school.
We are currently unable to run an after school provision. This decision will be reviewed at Easter and information will be shared with parents on the plans for the summer term.
A copy of our updated risk assessment will be sent to all parents and carers to provide details of our safety measures. The key points are as follows:
- All children and adults in school will follow strict personal hygiene routines including regular washing of hands. Please ensure your child washes their hands before coming to school.
- Additional cleaning will take place throughout the school day.
- Children will be encouraged to avoid physical contact with other children and adults.
- Children will be provided with their own pencil case and resources to minimise sharing.
- All other shared resources will be cleaned regularly.
- In line with government guidance, it is school policy that all staff members undertake Covid 19 Lateral Flow Tests twice per week.
- All members of staff are asked to wear face masks when interacting with parents and carers and we ask that all parents and carers wear a face mask when on the school grounds.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support. We are very much looking forward to seeing you all and welcoming the children back to school.
Head of School