Follow these great tips for help and advice when moving to High School!
How will I get to school?
If you are going by bus CHECK
which bus do I need to get?
where do I get the bus?
What if I miss the bus?
Do I need bus fare or a bus pass?
What do I need in my bag?
There are some things that we need to pack in our bag every day and some things we only have to pack sometimes.
Every day things include:
- Packed lunch or lunch money
- Bus fare or bus pass
Sometimes things include:
- PE kit
- Reading book
- Exercise book for different subjects
If you are walking CHECK
- Do I know how to get there?
- How long will it take me?
- Will I walk alone or will someone walk with me?
Questions I can ask at my new High School?
- What can I do at break times?
- Where can I go at break times?
- What are rules about classrooms, homework, school uniform, getting to lessons on time?
- What can pupils do at lunch time?
- Where can we go at lunch time?
- Are there any clubs?
- How can I join?
- What are the school rules about bullying?
- What do you do if you think you are being bullies?
- When do lessons start and finish?
- How will I know when I need to go to my next lesson?
If you are going by car CHECK
Who will take me?
What time will they take me and drop me off?
Will it be every day?
What will I do if I am not taken by car?
Your school will tell you:
- Who your new teacher is
- What class you are in
- What time your lesson starts
- What time school starts and finishes
- What kit you will need
- How to follow your new timetable
- What rooms you need to go to
If you are worried about anything to do with your new High School, please talk to someone in school. There are lots of adults who can help reassure you.